Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I started school the 24th of January. I got put in a different class this year (here the teachers switch classrooms and the students are with the same people all day). I am still in the same grade but a different class. A first I was upset because I had friends in my old class and I only knew a few people in my new one, but after the first day I made a lot of new friends. It is a lot easier to make friends now that I know and understand a lot more Spanish than when I arrived. I really like my new class and I am glad I got switched because now I have more friends. The easiest classes for me to understand are math and English. I have a lot of different classes and they all change depending on the day of the week. I have gym, math, statistics, history, philosophy, spanish, physics, biology, religion, chemistry, and ethics. I have four classes a day with two 25 minute breaks. I have school from 6 am- 12:50 pm and I eat lunch with my family afterward. It is sometimes tough to wake up for school but I'm getting used to it. Right now everyone is getting ready for carnavals (carnival). My school is having a carnaval too and I am dancing in it with my friends. I am having a blast and I don't want to go home. I love Colombia, my family, and friends.

La Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino


Simon Bolivar




Simon Bolivar



Santa Marta Country Club



The apartment of a Rotarian (with a view of the Ocean)




Buenavista mall decorated for Carnaval (Carnival)










No comments:

Post a Comment